Less is more: Japandi vibes in your home
Japandi interior design trend blends elements of a Japanese look with Scandinavian minimalism. It creates a sense of balanced harmony through the use of natural materials, muted colours, and clean lines.
Heavenly calm Japandi colours
Choose muted colours like beige, cream, and sand to make your home feel like a peaceful paradise. Soft Scandi shades such as green, deep blue, or pale pink will add a touch of playfulness. To highlight the calming vibes, use contrasting blacks and greys in small doses.
Natural Japandi materials
Combine natural materials like cotton, earthy rattan, hemp and bamboo to create a Japandi style. Next to key wooden pieces, these materials create balance in any space. Enjoy the beauty of simplicity!
Bringing nature indoors: Japandi accessories
Keep your design minimal and clutter-free with simple Japandi accessories. Choose a few functional and stylish pieces of good quality rather than too many. This will give your space a calming vibe and a clean, fresh look, especially after adding plants.
Top 5 Japandi décor styling tips
5 easy steps to add the Japandi trend to your living room:
- Go for natural materials: Choose items made from wood, bamboo or rattan for an authentic look.
- Keep it simple: the Japandi trend is all about simplicity and minimalism. Avoid clutter and unnecessary accessories.
- Use neutral colours: they keep your space looking calm and feeling zen.
- Mix and match contrasting colours, patterns, and textures for visual interest.
- Add natural elements: plants, stones and water features highlight the Japandi trend.